If you are thinking on the lines of a heart value procedure, you need to be aware about the medical procedure. Here you need to be aware of the overall goals of the procedure and how you will return to wellness in the shortest time possible. As far as the heart valve surgery evolves it depends upon the type of tissues that is put to use in the first place.
First on top of the list are the mechanical valves. They are known to last the patient. They have been stress tested which shows that they can last for more than 100 years. Though you can say that mechanical valves tend to last a lot. In this regard only a single surgery might be needed as well. But you need to take into consideration that increase in blood clots could take place with this surgery. For this reason if you opt for mechanical valve you would need to consume medicines for the rest of your life. The chances of increasing in bleeding also do occur at this point of time as well.
Then it comes down to the tissue values. These are made from animals. In fact this tissue is being treated in such a manner so as to avoid rejection in any form. There are alternatives to this procedure. The first traces of this procedure were used in 1967 and till date you can find their use in kids as well.
Then it is the homograft, where you go on to obtain human valve from a donor. This type of transplant generally works for children or pregnant women. The reason being you do not require any form of long term therapy as well. In fact the natural structures are able to perform in a better way as well. Before you opt for a heart value replacement surgery in India, the doctor may ask you to perform a series of procedures that include
- A complete physical examination will be conducted in order to figure out whether you are a proper candidate for this procedure. Blood tests along with a series of diagnostic tests are common at the same time.
- After midnight the procedure would be conducted and you will be asked to fast for 8 hours at a single go
- In case if you are pregnant or assuming that pregnancy is round the corner you need to inform your doctor.
- Do inform your surgeon if you are found wanting in terms of allergy to any substance as well
- Do inform the physician about all the over counter medicines which you are consuming
- Do notify them if you have any form of bleeding disorders. Just inform them whether you are into any type of blood thinning medications as well. sometimes you would need to stop some of the procedures before you need to opt for the surgery
- Also inform the physician if you have a pacemaker
- If you are into smoking or drinking you need to inform them the moment surgery is due.