There are many complicated medical situations wherein only the experts can cater the best medical solutions. In some of the cases, the solutions and medical treatments are rarely found. For example talking about an important medical condition called bone marrow transplant, it is still a far cry in many areas of the world.
If you are in India, you can find some good Doctors for bone marrow transplant in India. Even if you are in another country and you are seeking this transplant, you can go for this. There are so many options out there that can be used. You can avail the medical visa for India to get your medical treatment done.
What is bone marrow Transplant?
Talking aobut a bone marrow transplant, it is a medical process performed to replace the bone marrow that has been injured or destroyed by infection, disease or chemotherapy. The entire procedure involves transplanting blood stem cells that travel to bone marrow wherein they generate new blood cells and endorse growth of new marrow.
Bone marrow is the soft, fatty tissue within your bones. It forms the below given parts of blood:
- Red blood cells. These carry oxygen and nutrients across the body
- white blood cells that fight infection
- Platelets: these are responsible for creation of clots
Bone marrow also possesses immature blood-forming stem cells that are called hematopoietic stem cells or even HSCs. Most of the cells are already differentiated and can just create copies of them. However, such stem cells are unspecialized that means they have potential to increase through cell division and either stay stem cells or distinguish and mature into various different types of blood cells. The HSC found in bone marrow is going to make fresh blood cells across your lifespan.
A bone marrow transplant replaces the injured stem cells with the healthy cells. It helps your body make sufficient white blood cells, red blood cells or platelets to evade infections, bleeding complaintsor even anaemia.
Healthy stem cells can derived from a donor, or they also be fetched from your own body. In such instances, stem cells can be reaped, or grown, before the patient starts chemotherapy or radiation treatment. Those healthy cells are afterwards stored and used in the transplantation.
What is the need of transplant?
Bone marrow transplants are carried out when amarrow of a person isn’t healthy enough to function properly. It might be because of chronic infections, illnessor cancer treatments. Some of the reasons for a bone marrow transplant can be like:
- Aplastic anaemia that is a disorder wherein marrow stops making fresh blood cells
- cancers that effects marrow like lymphoma , leukaemia and multiple myeloma
- injured bone marrow because of chemotherapy
- congenital neutropenia that is an inherited disorder that ends up in recurring infections
- sickle cell anaemia that is a congenital blood disorder that causes distorted red blood cells
- thalassemia that is an inherited blood disorder wherein the body creates an abnormal form of haemoglobin, an essential part of red blood cells
So, if you are looking for the transplant, you can think about the best bone marrow transplant doctors in India. They might get you the best outcome!