Knee replacement surgery consists of replacing worn out and diseased joint of the knee with a prosthesis which is basically an artificial joint. This surgery is very helpful in relieving pain and helping people with disabilities. Knee replacement surgery has a very high success rate. These artificial joints or as we call them prosthesis are compatible with
These artificial joints or as we call them prosthesis are compatible with human body and can be kept for an entire lifespan without it causing any side effects. Knee replacement surgery has been proven to be particularly useful in reducing the severe pain caused by arthritis.
Knee replacement surgery is performed at various hospitals throughout India. If you are a patient who requires a knee replacement surgery in India then you have plenty of options and information available online where you would be able to get to know about the best doctors and how to contact them.
You would also be able to find out where they practise and thus it would be possible for you to visit them in person as well. You can also visit www.viadam.com. Here you would just have to input what type of knee replacement surgery you are looking for and which country you are from, and this would give you a list of the most highly rated surgeons all over your country who are capable of performing the required knee replacement surgery.
This way you can find out the best knee replacement surgeon in India. These websites would also give you a rough estimate of how much your required surgery would cost. The estimates are generally pretty accurate. It is possible to get a pretty detailed idea about everything regarding your knee replacement surgery from these websites.
Undergoing a knee replacement surgery is not a thing to be taken lightly even though there is a very high success rate. There are lots and lots of chances of complications. So, the post operation care becomes very important. Following are some of the DO’s and DONT’s of post operation care for a knee replacement surgery:
- Continue with all prescribed medications as directed
- Use walking aids but gradually decrease your dependence on them
- Keep exercises to help prevent your knee from getting stiff. This would also help in improving the extension and flexion on your legs and increase your range of motions.
- Keep your leg raised while sitting and use ice packs in case any swelling occurs
- It’s important to take the rehab seriously and use continuous passive motion (CPM) machine as advised by your doctor. And also make it a point to attend all the follow up appointments.
- Cross your legs while sitting down
- Twist your knee
- Force your knee while exercising, and wear compression stockings as and when prescribed by doctor.
- Kneel with pressure on the knee which underwent operation
- Avoid putting too much stress on your knees at all costs. Perform regular movements under the guidance of your therapist so that they can guide you on how to do them safely.