One of the safest and fastest ways to travel across the country is with the railways. These are extremely efficient and are cost-effective as a result of which people from different walks of life can afford to travel in them.
Well if you are planning on traveling to someplace soon and that too in a train, then there are certain pointers that you can always keep in handy so that you can enjoy an absolutely hassle-free journey, right from booking the tickets to reaching your destination:
- The most important thing that you have to keep in mind is that you have to book tickets well beforehand since the booking counter opens up way before then they used to previously, these days. Thus you have to be one the go. Sit with your phone on the day that the booking counter will be open and book the tickets in the morning of that day itself to get the choicest seats. If you delay with your reservations especially when it comes to a very popular train, then you just might not get confirmed tickets! So make sure that you book the tickets well within the time frame.
- The other thing that you will have to make sure when you wish to enjoy a hassle-free train journey, especially an overnight journey is plan ahead about the food. You always have the option of eating at a Railway Restaurant which provides standard quality food at affordable prices or you can have the food delivered to your seat thanks to the various train delivery services. You also have the option of carrying your own food. Whatever it may be, decide for the one according to your convenience and plan accordingly.
- Carry your ticket with you at all times. You may have an e-ticket or a manual ticket, but it is important to have it with you no matter wherever you go. The TT will come to check your ticket and you will have to show it and along with it you will need to produce a valid ID proof like a driving license or voter ID card etc. Without an ID proof your ticket will be considered invalid and you will not be able to travel further. There have been extreme cases where people have been asked to get down at the next station!
- Keep a track on the train timing and whether or not it is maintaining the time it is supposed. If you have people waiting for you at the station when you reach then you need to keep them informed accordingly.
- And last but not the least, prepare well before you make an overnight journey. Carry your toothbrush and other morning essentials and you can carry a pair of slippers too to wear in the train. If you want you can carry a change of clothes.
These are some pretty basic but really effective measures which you can follow if you want to enjoy a hassle-free train journey.